Sunday, August 16, 2009

Who Are We?

When I first envisioned this blog the first thing I conceived was an examination of the personality types that exist among gamers. I dont want to get all Meyers-Briggs; what I mean are play styles more than anything. I felt like it would be interesting to include in my reviews how certain games might appeal to particular personality types. Since I am doing this from scratch, without a lot of research or preparation it might not be as exacting the first time around as it could be, but I do hope to refine it and make it useful.

Todays entry: The Analyst

Analysts tend to calculate odds on every move they make. They determine the probability of events occurring and base their decisions almost exclusively on this. Analysts tend to prefer mechanics over theme. Negotiating in games is done almost exclusively based on positions of strength. Analysts tend to be strong on Euro games and tactical games where the odds are less obvious to the casual player.

Games an Analyst is likely enjoy: Power Grid, Puerto Rico, Caylus

Games an Analyst is less likely to enjoy: Betrayal at House on the Hill, A Touch of Evil

No comments:

Post a Comment